1. Fill out NTTU CLTSC Application form
2. Fill out Survey of student’s language background: Please fill out and email to us. You may also complete a hardcopy, scan and email it to us.
3. Application documents
(1) The diploma of your highest degree
- Any certificate that can prove you have already graduated from high school. For example, the diploma of your high school/university/graduate school, report card or student ID card of your university/graduate school.
(2) A photocopy of your passport's information page
(3) A Financial Statement
- A financial statement issued within 3 months and shows an ending balance exceeding USD 2,000 or its equivalent.
- If using a family member's financial statement, a guarantor letter stating willingness to support your stay in Taiwan is required.
- If you are a scholarship recipient, you may submit your scholarship certificate in place of a financial statement. Proof of a bank loan can also be submitted in place of a financial statement.
※All the documents listed above must be presented in Mandarin or in English. As for other languages, please attach a translation.
✧ After receiving your application and confirming your application meets our primary requirements, we’ll send your admission letter by email or by post to the address submitted in your application as soon as possible.
✧ Receiving an admission letter does not guarantee you will be able to obtain a Taiwanese visa.
1. Check and confirm your application and supporting documents. Admitted applicants will receive payment information and an admission letter.(Only international remittance are accepted.)
2. Please note the following charges and fees. (NTD)
(1) New Student Registration Fee: 1,000 dollars
(2) Tuition Fee (depends on the course)
(3) Housing fee (only for university dorm applicants)
(4) Insurance premium (According to Ministry of Education, foreign students are required to have insurance. If you have proof of any other insurance, you can opt out of joining the insurance program.)
- Accident insurance: 100 dollars per month
- Health insurance: 500 dollars per month
(5) Books and materials fee: about 1,000 dollars each term (the exact number depends on the instructor and the course)
※During the registration stage, you only need to pay the deposit which includes the registration fee, one third of the tuition fee, the housing fee (only for university dorm applicants), and the insurance premium (only for those who do not have insurance yet). The rest of the fees should be fully paid on registration day.
Step3) Confirm your Visa
Need to Apply for Visa
1. Apply from VISA application system.
2. For applicants who require original documentation in order to apply for a visa, original admission letters are mailed via regular airmail.
3. Apply for your visa from the nearest ROC embassy. Required documents are as follows:
(1) Visa application form
(2) Admission letter and a photocopy
(3) Financial statement and a photocopy (for example, account balance certificate or certificate of the wire transfer.
(4) Passport and a photocopy (Your visa is valid for more than six months, and your passport must with blank pages.)
(5) Two colored passport-sized photos taken within 6 months.
(6) Study plan and a photocopy (The content should include your motivation for learning Chinese and your study plan.)
(7) Other documents may be necessary depending on where you apply for your visa.
No Need for a Visa
1. For applicants who are nationals of 90-days visa exempt entry countries or who have proof of legal residency in Taiwan.
2. Admission letters will be emailed.
※Notices: Applying the Visitor Visa for Studying Chinese Purpose (visa code FR), applicants are required to take classes for at least 15 hours per week.
Step 4) Registration
1. Register and complete the payment at Taitung University. (NTTU only accepts NT dollars)
2. Take the placement test at CLTSC.